Saturday, October 7, 2023

Deadloch (2023)

 Wow, that was a ride! I think I might have accused almost half the cast of being the killer along the way but we finally got there in the end. That's not normally how this goes for me, I typically am way ahead of the detectives and banging my head against the wall waiting for everyone to catch up. 

Deadloch is built different. It's somehow a comedy, a mystery, and a drama all at the same time mixed with social commentary and a violent horror movie. It's amazing and balances everything quite perfectly. 

Now for me to vaguely talk about plot. A sleepy coastal town is turning quickly into a haven for people with progressive values is shaken by a dead body found on the beach. Small town politics threaten to derail the investigation all while a new detective is sent in to help.

I can't say this hard enough, this is one of the funniest show I have ever seen and it would be a shame for this to not do well especially because it is streaming on Amazon Prime and most of us have Prime. So go watch it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment